BRIGHT International Summer School on: “3D printing for medical applications” is organized by the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca in cooperation with BRIGHT consortium experts that are coming from different European Technical Universities (TU Poznan (Poland), Univ of Nis (Serbia), Univ Juraj Dobrila of Istria (Croatia) and STU Bratsilava (Slovakia) under the frame of ERASMUS KA 226 BRIGHT project.
Summer school is organized and addressed to students and professors that are coming from University Institutes of EU and non-EU countries. Places are not limited just for the BRIGHT consortium partner’s institutes. Since the activities are scheduled to be online, any student, scientist, researcher or professor who intends to apply is more than welcome to apply to the BRIGHT International Summer School organized by the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca in the period 19-30.07.2021.
The BRIGHT International Summer School is organized based on “open access” principles and with no fees to be paid by the attendance to this event.
All teaching activities will be organized online (on Microsoft TEAMS) with the students, while the practical activities that are scheduled regarding 3D printing and testing of medical products developed by the students are going to be realized within the laboratories of the BRIGHT consortium, with live transmissions from the Institutes and live (online) feedbacks provided by the BRIGHT experts to the students, while parts are going to be 3D printed or tested within the BRIGHT International Summer school.
Main aim of the BRIGHT International Summer School:
The main aim is to bring together professors, students, industrial and medical organizations and institutes in order to share knowledge and good practice experience and expertise in developing, producing and testing of medical parts that represent one stringent need in supporting hospitals that are trying to save lives of patients in the context of the CoVID.
Content of the BRIGHT International Summer School
The BRIGHT International summer school intends to be very dynamic and interactive for students and professors that will be involved in the activities that are scheduled to be organized in these two weeks.
The main principles of Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Aided Engineering (CAE), 3D printing and Rapid Tooling methods, Process optimization and software control , Materials Science and Strength of Materials, Flexible manufacturing systems, Standardization and tests are foreseen to be provided at the BRIGHT International Summer School, but with high degree of applicability, since the main focus is oriented on developing, producing and testing of real medical applications (products) that are aimed to support hospitals in the context of the CoVID.
Medical Institutions, industrial companies that are involved in CAD, CAE, 3D printing methods, manufacturing and using of Robotic / Hybrid systems will be actively involved in the activities of the BRIGHT International Summer School in this period.
Elements of Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality as well as social activities (games, competitions, debates) are also foreseen to be organized with the professors and students within the BRIGHT International Summer School.
A preliminary program can be found here: Preliminary Program
Who can apply to the BRIGHT International Summer School?
- Bachelor students (BSc)
- Master students (MSc) and PhD students
- Eligible specializations are: Technical (Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics and Robotics, Mechanical engineering, Bio-mechanical Engineering, Science of Materials, Automatics and Computer Science), Physics, Chemistry, Medicine & Pharmacy specializations
- Good English language skills is required (level B2 is recommended)
How anyone can apply to the BRIGHT International Summer School?
In order to apply to the Summer School, it is enough to simply fulfill the Attendance Form with all data requested but not later than 1st of July 2021.
Which are the main benefits of attending participants to the BRIGHT International Summer School?
- All participants will receive certificate of participation to the Summer School
- Practical activity scheduled for the students in their curriculum for the summer period will be recognized within the participating institutes of the BRIGHT consortium
- All participants to the BRIGHT International Summer School organized at the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca in 2021 will have priority in applying for the future activities related to the BRIGHT project (next BRIGHT International Summer School that is scheduled to be organized in Istria (Croatia) in the summer period (2022)
- Possibility to work on different topics related to 3D printing technologies / medical applications for diploma projects / MSc / PhD thesis is going to be ensured by the BRIGHT consortium experts for all participants to the BRIGHT International Summer School which have the intention in continuing their work in this domain in the next following years.